Saturday, October 10, 2026

Full Fall

Our hands are full! I thought we had a lot of laundry before but now it's next level. There are piles and piles. I have the best helpers. While making soup the other day, James and Isabelle alternated holding Opal while I cooked. By the time dinner was done, Opal had fallen asleep in Izzy's arms and James was giving tips about how to best hold her. It was very sweet. I feel like daily, someone comes by with a new outfit for Opal, diapers, or food. I have been awestruck by the kindness of others.

Friday, October 9

After a feeding in the middle of the night, I was tossing and turning trying to get back to bed. I couldn't stop thinking about how "Sunday will come" or the concept of a rainbow after the storm. Last fall, felt like the biggest storm you can imagine-- a hurricane or tornado. I lost my brother and twins. Fast forward one year and now I have a snuggly and healthy baby in my arms. We're tired and Opal requires a lot of our attention, but she is adorable and we love her.

This post covers: soccer, a movie, the father kid campout, Grannie, and ABH.

Soccer

James and his friend Beau played on the same team this fall. James waited to score a goal until I was in the hospital having Opal. I was bummed I didn't see him score in person but appreciated that my mom recorded the shot in action, so I was able to watch it. The following game, James scored 3 goals. Atta boy James! My boy is athletic and quick!


Isabelle's smile could be seen across the field. She of course made a friend on her team named Maggie. When Maggie asked Isabelle why her mom doesn't come to her games, Isabelle told her, "she just sits at home." I was horrified to hear this. I guess that's how having a baby comes across to kids. Isabelle also made a goal this season... but in her own team's goal. Oops. That's okay! I think both kids want to play another season of soccer so I'd say fall soccer was a score.

Fourth from the right

Movie

Andrew gets 20 days of paternity leave which is amazing! He has to use the time off within 6 months. It has been nice. He works some full days and some half days. He took a Friday off of work when the kids didn't have school and took the children to see "Forgotten Island" at the theater. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. I later learned Andrew really must of liked it when I heard he texted his buddies from high school and told them to go see it. I considered bringing Opal and noise canceling headphones to the movie, but opted to stay home. Jaedyn and Josh joined the kids which made the  viewing extra special. Andrew worked full days all this week and I'm holding up well.

Friday, September 25

Father Kid Campout

Our annual ward campout is something our kids cherish. This year, it was set for my due date. I didn't know if it would workout. All of us are thrilled that Opal came early. Andrew took James, Isabelle, and Penelope camping at Wasatch Recreation Campground in Morgan county. Penelope was ecstatic that she got to go with the big kids this year! Blake who she adores was there and she had the time of her life. The rain and cold didn't stop the kiddos from having a good time.

Friday, September 18


Grannie

We had our first visitor stay in our guest room. Grannie came to town to meet Opal! She came bearing presents (Legos, card games, grilled cheese makers, puzzles) and made a gorgeous quilt for the baby. Grannie spoiled us and we loved having her in Utah! She was a huge help while Andrew was with his brothers on their annual hike. She took the 3 older kids to the aquarium, soccer games, and to get ice cream and donuts. It was especially selfless of Grannie to come here the day after she closed on her new house! She waited to move in for us. Come back soon Grannie!




All Brother's Hike

This year, the brother's came to Utah for ABH. They arrived and stayed the night at our house on Wednesday, September 30. The basement was perfect! We bought a trundle bed which is in Andrew's office. We also borrowed an air mattress, made a bed on the nugget couch, and put sheets for 1 on the sectional. 

Thursday, the men were off at 5am to the vacation hotspot-- Vernal-- to hike the Ashley Gorge Via Ferrata. A Via Ferrata is a mix between rock climbing and a ropes course. There were nerve wracking moments but it was apparently amazing.

Thursday, October 1

Friday, they went on an ATV tour. It was extra memorable when they got pulled over and their tour guide got a ticket.

Saturday, the brother's hiked Mount Timpanogas. They happened to run into their cousin Becca at the top.

Saturday, October 3

Saturday evening, they came back to our house for dinner and to spend the night. Several of their children go to BYU and joined us. I think we had 18 people over. It was quite the pizza party! They turned on various football games. I loved seeing everyone!

Andrew had a blast and valued the adventures. When he texts me on ABH, he's always very chipper. We were both grateful Andrew's brothers changed the date of the hike, so it wasn't the day Opal was born and Andrew could participate. I was happy to have Andrew home. He does so much. I developed mastitis while he was away which was no good.



Sadly, we didn't get a pic of everyone. This pic is missing: Tyler and Hailee, Laynie and Isaac, Grannie, and some of my family too

Opal

Opal is a big gal! Check out the stats from her 2 week appointment. Her rolls mean she's a pretty good sleeper which I'll take. She's precious!









Other Events I Want to Remember...
Moon Festival: Wednesday, Sept 23


Donuts and Pals: Wednesday, September 30

We took family pictures this week. I'm keen to get them back and share them with you! Check back soon to see some shrieking baby pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment